This strawberry and banana smoothie contains, in addition to the fruit, two dairy products, which concentrates many of the nutrients necessary for the growth of your children. That is why it is a very useful resource for snacks or breakfast for children who find it difficult to eat because it guarantees that, if they drink it, they are eating well.
You can get rich in a number of ways. For example, adding tangerine or orange juice, or a little mango pulp, with which it will also gain in flavor. And if you add two or three cookies, type Maria or Digestive, which go very well, you will get more body to the drink.
You can also substitute cow’s milk for oatmeal or almond milk; Either of them will give the shake a special flavor and both have very outstanding nutritional properties. And already the master touch would be to flavor it with a little ground cinnamon. Children will surely ask you to repeat!
- 2 cups strawberries
- 2 bananas
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 150 g plain or vanilla flavored yogurt
- ½ cup of milk
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave syrup (optional)
- Wash the strawberries and remove the top with the leaves. Chop them up and put them in the blender glass.
- Peel the bananas, remove the strings and cut them into slices. Also add them to the blender glass and pour with the tablespoon of lemon juice. Add the yogurt and milk.
- Blend everything well, for one or two minutes, until you get a homogeneous shake. If you find it not too sweet, add the honey or syrup and grind again so that it is well mixed. Divide into glasses and serve immediately
If you need more ideas to make smoothies for your children, check out these five recipes and these others designed for summer snacks.